Tuesday 6 March 2012

Eagle!

all imgs from style.com

An unlikely feature-ee on venturess, Jean-Charles de Castelbajac* showed a primary coloured (and black, of course) collection full of bird motifs and aztec style patterns and faces.
I'm not crazy about the gimmicky bird shoulders and such like, and some of the prints I like are on shapes I can't stand (and vice versa) but there are some great pieces here - if only the make-up wasn't so off-putting!

The black/yellow ombré suit (look 2) and the mirrored wings on bright backgrounds (top in look 1, trousers in looks 5 and 7) are the pieces that stood out to me, but perhaps I'm just coming around to prints and bright, bright colours... (it certainly seems that way, if you scroll through the last few posts!)


*no, I don't know how you pronounce it either. What fashion degree?

No comments: